Here is your chance to make a meaningful impact in the East Bay by joining Share the Spirit’s Legacy Circle.
A Legacy Circle gift is an excellent way for you to leave a lasting legacy to further Share the Spirit’s impact in providing meaningful help during the winter months to those in need. With your support, you ensure continuation of important work of providing programs that support so many through lean times, help connect those in need to valuable resources, food, shelter, clothing, and enable Share the Spirit to provide help and hope to those in crisis for years to come.
Your estate planning attorney can include a provision in your will that leaves a lasting gift to us. It could be a gift of a specific asset, a dollar amount, or a percentage of your estate. You could also designate us as full or partial beneficiary of your retirement plan, life insurance policy, bank or investment account.
Please contact us to learn about all the benefits of making a gift to help us continue this important work.
Legacy giving, also known as planned giving, is a meaningful way to ensure that your values and generosity continue to make a difference for generations to come. Because Share the Spirit can select relevant wishes to grant each year, you know your support will remain relevant. Your gift will provide critical support for future generations and enable us to achieve our goals for years to come.
There are some free and low cost online resources you can use to create a will or trust in just 20 minutes or less, and include a gift to Share the Spirit as part of your estate plan.
Legacy giving can take many forms, including:
- A specific dollar amount or percentage of your estate
- A gift of appreciated stocks, bonds, or real estate
- A charitable lead trust that provides annual payments to Share the Spirit for a set period of time, with the remainder going to your heirs or other beneficiaries
There are many benefits to making a legacy gift to Wish Book, including:
- Ensuring your values and commitment to organizations helping right here in the East Bay for years to come
- Providing critical support for local programs, services and causes you care about
- Potentially reducing estate and income taxes
- Potentially providing you or your heirs with increased income or other financial benefits
To learn more about charitable giving through a will or trust and how to make a gift, please contact your financial professional or contact us directly. We are here to answer any questions you may have and help you make a lasting impact through planned giving.Thank you for your continued support of Wish Book, and for considering a gift to help so many for years to come. If you are ready to help now, here is some sample language “I bequeath $ ______ (OR) _________ % of my estate to the Share the Spirit, Bay Area News Grp, POB 2127, Dublin, CA 94568; Federal Tax ID: 77-0229665.”